My heart has never been so stirred to pray for our nation and our leaders. I believe we have a window of opportunity to see America turn to God. I want His hand guiding and leading us. I have such a passion for this that I was willing to leave the security of my present job and apply to work in any capacity with the Trump administration. I haven’t heard from them yet, but in the meantime, this is my contribution. This is how I will serve God and Country.
The agenda is simple: to align all activity and leadership in America with God’s Word. I am thankful to those who pray for our nation. While general prayer is good, this site is dedicated to specific, targeted prayer in regards as to what is currently happening whether in current events, on Capitol Hill, or throughout America.
After this first week the format will be by categories. There will the topic and stated relation and effect it will have on us, a prayer, and relative Scripture as to why to pray in the manner listed. Each week I will post specific needs to target in prayer. Please SHARE with your churches, your friends and family, your Bible Study groups and Small Groups. We are only limited by what we do not do or not willing to do. I have also started a Facebook page for urgent prayer needs for our country that can come up between the weekly posts. Please like the page and tag everyone you know and ask them to pray routinely and specifically. You may also share directly from this site. I know of no greater cause. So many things today go viral on the internet, but have no real, lasting, or authentic benefit. Wouldn’t it be awesome if God and prayer was received and multiplied? My hope is to not only bring awareness to issues that should be addressed in prayer, but I hope for a movement that will flourish in America turning our hearts, minds, and actions towards Christ. I pray that as we unite and agree in prayer that others will be inspired by the positive change they see. This will be a wonderful invitation to those who do not presently know Christ. My hope is for increase to His kingdom. I pray that leaders, the people of America, and a new generation will emerge victorious by our prayer covering. Let’s Make America Great Again through Prayer.
Please also be patient with me as I am getting quite the education in politics and government policies and procedures. I am studying to show myself approved, so prayers for me as well would be greatly appreciated. It is somewhat an exhaustive effort compiling the issues for prayer. I have made every attempt to be accurate. Sources for unbiased information are difficult to acquire, trust, and are often not available. Certainly, political parties, the media, etc., have their own agenda or want to slant opinion portraying an issue to their advantage. The prayers below have purpose to align with the will of God. The only agenda is to present the facts and pray for God’s hand in the decisions that affect us. Will you pray with me and seek out others of like mind and ask them to pray? Will you call out to God with me and wrap America in prayer? I believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible truth by which to live. I believe it the source for every answer to any issue we are facing. Please help me pray the Word over America and the people of this land.
Praying for absolutely everything could be overwhelming, as are all the challenges we face. We cannot focus on our past; we can only go forward. We have to start somewhere. A good place to begin is with the transition of leadership from President Obama to Mr. Trump, the President Elect. This week’s prayers evolve around the issues of Trump’s announcement of his plan for the first 100 days in office. We will start here and pray for a solid foundation upon which everything else can be built upon. As the weeks in prayer progress, so will the topics of prayer. It is not my desire to turn us all into all-knowing, political beasts, but as you will see in the topics below, there is a lot happening that we should be concerned with and be in prayer. Far too long, have we given away America’s decisions and what will affect us to those who did not have God’s best interest in mind. By praying, we bring these concerns and place them under the Lord’s authority. We must invite Him into the situations that we are encountering. We must ask for His power, justice, truth, and knowledge in governing to rule our nation.
As you see below, this is quite the prayer list for the week. At least please read and be informed. There are terms, Acts, and policies listed that at first I thought of explaining, but for the length this prayer list was already, I decided it better without detailed explanation. Although the intent is to pray specifically, I hope that goal is accomplished by mention of it by fact. Should any part of it invoke a desire for you to know more, I do pray you seek out that information. I have listed a source at the bottom that has informative commentary. Next week’s prayer list will be different, and hopefully a lot shorter. I have not forgotten our troops fighting on foreign soil, nor our education system, and the many other worthy causes for prayer. It’s coming. I ask you to be diligent in prayer and thought this week only in the direction of where our new President has plans to lead us. This is the focus this week. You may add whatever personal prayer is in your heart. Thank you.
Father, we pray as we read through the plan revealed by our President Elect, Mr. Trump, as were his intentions upon election for our country, we pray Your will. Although it is his plan, we pray and ask for wisdom, if it be Your plan. Where it aligns with Your will, Lord, may it succeed; and where it does not serve Your purpose, Lord, we ask that it fail. But in our failure, reveal Your plan and make it right.
We pray, Lord, in Christ’s Name, that You surround the President Elect with men of Godly wisdom and hearts. We pray for appointees and nominees to all positions in the Trump Administration who will be pliable to hear Your voice and follow through accordingly. We pray that a mighty army be raised up for Your cause and Your Kingdom. May the people of influence in America be steered by a heart convicted of Christ and led by the Holy Spirit.
From the least to the greatest in this Land, Lord, we pray for abundance for our people and our country. In our home and foreign affairs, may we be honest, compassionate, loving, and desiring to place it in Your capable Hands. In all of our developing relations, may they be of integrity and result in peace for our country. Make us bold where we are to take a stand and meek where we should yield. May all we do be accountable unto You and your justice.
Father, we bring specific requests to you today, and throughout this week, asking for Your intervention and wisdom. We know You as Lord of Lords, and Kings of Kings, and we serve You first, Lord. May we speak with truthful lips and act with hearts of Christ. We surrender our prayers to You, Lord. Your will be done. In Jesus’ Name we pray. Amen.
Donald Trump’s Plan for first 100 Days in office as President:
FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;
SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health);
THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;
FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;
FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;
SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.
On the same day, he wants to begin taking the following 7 actions to protect American workers:
FIRST, he will announce his intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205
SECOND, he will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership
THIRD, he will direct Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator
FOURTH, he will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately
FIFTH, he will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars’ worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.
SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward
SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure
Additionally, on the first day, our President Elect will take the following five actions to restore security and the constitutional rule of law:
FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama
SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States
THIRD, cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities
FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won’t take them back
FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.
Next, he will work with Congress to introduce the following broader legislative measures and fight for their passage within the first 100 days of my Administration:
- Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act. An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with 2 children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from 7 to 3, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate.
- End The Offshoring Act. Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.
- American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.
- School Choice And Education Opportunity Act. Redirects education dollars to give parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice. Ends common core, brings education supervision to local communities. It expands vocational and technical education, and make 2 and 4-year college more affordable.
- Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.
- Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-side childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.
- End Illegal Immigration Act Fully-funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation, and a 5-year mandatory minimum for illegally re-entering for those with felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more prior deportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying and to ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first.
- Restoring Community Safety Act. Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence by creating a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.
- Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values
- Clean up Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.
Thank you for reading and praying. Week Two of prayer will publish next Friday/Saturday.
For God and Country,
*Source for commentary and information on the 100 Day Plan